View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #15
SLR49
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
For ticks, I do manual checks by combing my fingers through their body (including between toes, armpits, etc). Even when I was using Advantix II, I was finding ticks on them. In fact, just last week, I found a tick at the base of Zoey's tail!!!!! Thankfully, seeing how small it was, the evil thing wasn't there too long.

Topicals are not 100% proof and there are areas where ticks are becoming immune to these preventives. So I highly recommend doing manual checks EVERYWHERE at least once in a while.
Thanks, I am doing manual checks but when I find one it is an all out battle to get it off of him . Any hints/tips to make that part less of a battle? I have taken a small towel to put around his neck like a bulky collar to keep him from biting me while getting the tick off. I just wish he would realize that all of this is only for his own good to keep him healthy and safe.

Otherwise anything I can do the limit the infestation (short of not letting him go outside) as he loves his outdoor time, which is limited, would be good. I appreciate all the info.
SLR49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!