View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:56 AM   #6
Scoobstersmom
YT Addict

Tmbroo,

Regarding the diazepam dose, what type of reaction does your baby generally have after a seizure? One of my yorkies had seizures the last few years of his life. He had a intense reactive postictal period following a seizure. He would run around the house, bumping into things, getting himself stuck places, and couldn't/wouldn't settle for 5-6 hours. Over active but not normal activity.

The diazepam is given to shorten the length of a seizure and hopefully prevent an immediate second seizure or cluster of seizures. For my little guy, it would normalize him within just a few minutes and his behavior was back to normal. If your little guy is usually active and playful, that would be a normal reaction to the diazepam. Also, the amount of diazepam they're given is very small and doesn't stay in the system long so it wears off quickly.

I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on with your baby quickly and find a solution. Our little guy was already 14 when he started having them and we were never able to determine a cause. He already had multiple health issues at that point anyway and he only had one every 3 or 4 months so we just learned to manage them.

Diana
Scoobstersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!