View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #4
Shicks
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I am so sorry about your baby.....what did the "groomer" give your baby? I would want names and batch numbers for everything they gave....am I so out of touch with what is going on out there, that GROOMERS now give shots??????

What diagnosis is anyone giving you for what is going on???? We can "assume" what the problem is and what caused it, but get someone to actually verbalize the issue....even get it in writing....did they give all the shots at the same time? Was LEPTO vaccine included in the shots? More adverse reactions in yorkies to that one shot than all the others.....

As far as what you are now dealing with, seizure activity in your baby, hopefully this has not done permanent damage to your baby. NO MORE VACCINE SHOTS....GET A NOTE FROM YOUR VET! Vaccines are providing up to 7 years of protection....and they will be publishing research that is being done as we speak, that substantiate the results of multiple studies that vaccines provide a lifetime protection.....The first series of shots protects the baby for at least 7 years, very probably a lifetime....

Vaccines and worming are the "bread and butter for vets"...when I worked for a vet many years ago, we always "pushed" vaccines and wormings.....that was considered the "easy money makers".....not many people want to go back and look under the microscope and SEE the worms in the stool....and I did know a vet that kept a slide with worms on it, just in case anyone asked to see the slide....they never asked "why the worms were not moving....if they had asked, they had died exposed to the cold slide , blah, blah,...". blah.....

Good luck with your baby....hopefully this seizure activity is not going to be a lifetime occurring event....please keep us posted on your baby and his health......
Yorkiemom1
Talking about shots, my boy is 16 months old. He had all his puppy shots minus lepto, kennel. Also his 1st rabies. Now my Vet says he needs a distemper booster as an adult dog, then a month later his rabies for 3 years. I have talked with the Vet intently on over vaccinations. She tells me he needs this booster as an adult & then after we can test for immunity. I worry about the booster, which probably be more than just distemper.
Would appreciate your thoughts.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!