View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
Kerryn915
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I had bad luck with the inhaler. The contraption was expensive and I used albuterol. He was pacing a lot on it.

Maybe he will eat some scrambled eggs.

Also Try some honey. I mix it in a little warm water and sometimes add a little tiny bit of lemon. also I don't know if I said this before but I bought a $15 warm mist vaporizer and it works very well to soothe them. I have to add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the water or it won't work - we have hard water so it needs the mineralization. I don't use their scent packers, just plain water. When he was very inflamed the honey and the vapor worked on the cough. It is like when we have bronchitis. I just kept it on for 30 mins a couple of times a day. This is the one I have: Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer - Walmart.com
Good idea with the egg! I scrambled one and added a little rice and he ate most of it. Thanks for the info on the humidifier too... I run one in my sons room and I will get one for next to my bed bc that's where Frankie sleeps. This forum is really great esp when you get such great advice from caring members! Thanks again for all your advice and input!
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!