Thread: Bordatella
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
If it's any consolation, it really is not a big deal. My Yorkie needed a bordatella vaccination for her groomer, and she had no side effects. I've heard that the nasal vaccine has a greater chance of side effects, so go with the shot.

The nasal vaccine uses LIVE bordatella ....the injection form does not. If you must give it, have them give the injection...any dog that I have ever given the injection form, has had NO ill effects from it....it is the instillation of those live virus spores into their noses that create issues....I did change vets to avoid my dogs receiving that nasal dose, as that was all he used...he was a fantastic vet, but he made 4 of my dogs sick with that, HE didnt pay for the meds needed to treat the upper respiratory issues he created, and one of those babies got REALLY sick and was sick for almost 6 months!!! I have always been a huge proponent of, "If it is your fault, or you screwed up, it is your responsibility to fix it or make it right....dont give my dogs something I really dont want them to have, then when it affects them exactly like I was afraid it would, charge ME (BIG BUCKS!!!) to fix something that was your fault!!!"
If you must give it, have them use (the dead virus that is given) the injection rather than the nasal drop, which is the live virus.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!