Thread: Bordatella
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Ugh, it stinks, doesn't it..?! It'd be one thing if this was rooted in real science, but come on...the bordetella vax is like vaccinating against the common cold, I mean hello?! You can't...the virus mutates *all the time*, just like in kennel cough. There are 100's of strains of kennel cough, and the vax only vaccinates against about 7 or 8...I mean, what's the point, right? So arbitrary if you really think about it.

So while I commiserate, I don't know of a work around unless your vet would write you up a letter advising against it, and your trainer would then accept it...
Yes, it sure does stink!! How is it logical when doctors will also stop medications on US or say don't take that shot (like in meningitis and the other less common ones) Let's not over-whelm your system. I'm an adult, not a 3 pound yorkie, so why not just use that same logic?

The children waivers are so easy to get I was hoping that it would be for Chewie. Okay, well, I can't stop the training. I am going to wait as long as possible to get it for her, unless by some miracle the waiver works. I'm positive you're right but, even that .4% chance it works, I'll give it a shot, lol.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!