Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #11
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
she was on royal canine and then stopped eating it. We gave her canned food that pet smart carries, um.... Earth grain? She WAS drinking from a paper towel all the time, and then she was also drinking water on our lap. that's since stopped. We've seen her guzzle the broth several times today, but after eating the wet canned food nothing for hours. I've read up on this and was told all these suggestions, but I'm getting to the point where I'm weepy, because I can't get her to stop this. I've even encouraged her to walk with the leash. she's super playful and cuddly- she even pees/poops on her pad an outside. I just don't understand a dog that will NOT drink water. She pees a LOT but I know it would be more if she was drinking more. My husband tells me that it's from the dog food, it has so much water in it she's not thirsty. I certainly hope so. Otherwise, I have to try the vet- again- and wait in the lobby. They don't take appointments.

update: I am going to try your suggestion with the dry food to the letter. I tried her royal canin today at dinner in anticipation of this. I think you're REALLY on to something and I can't thank you enough. She did some lapping up and I'm hoping that the cold water in the bowl in a few minutes will encourage her to drink. I'll give you an update after he breakfast tomorrow.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!