Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #10
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
I moved her to wet food- 78% moisture because of the issue at hand. She's tried the bottles to lick. On sunday she drank like a fiend when she was outside- out of one of our cups. she's taken exactly 7 laps each day, once in the morning and once at night, and then half an icecube or through a syringe/paper towel before bed. She's been peeing, pooping, playing, and been looked at by a vet. Nothing is wrong with her, other than she flat out refuses to drink water any more than what's available to her, since I've moved the food to unavailable, except for 3 x a day. I moved her food from first thing in the morning to 10am. that got her to lap up the broth at 7am and again at 10am. When her food isn't out, water is constantly available to her. The gerbil/rabbit bottle doesn't work, nor does any other bowl that I can think of. She's simply not sick. That's not her issue, it's the fact she flat out refuses to drink anything from a bowl OR bottle. The trainer told me "eventually" she'll drink, and he was right- to an extent. Still not much. If she was dehydrated she wouldn't pee, but since I've moved her to wet canned food, that's no longer an issue. I was wondering if any one had a dog that hated water and wouldn't drink it. I've tried ice. Cold water. Tap water, bottled water, warm, cold, luke warm. I'm reaching the end of my rope.
sorry, correction- warm water I have no tried.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!