View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #3
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Sorry I didn't see this until now. teddy had this procedure over a year and a half ago. He did great. Teddy had three small stones removed and the next day peed out a bunch more! He hasn't had a recurrence of stones so far. His were calcium oxalate and I've been told that once a stone maker, always a stone maker. I have been checking him every 3-6 months with ultrasounds in order to avoid surgery. He went on a home cooked diet for calcium oxalate said, I'm sure they told you that the dog needs to be on that for life. Most people go with Hill's u/dr Royal Canin SO (canned) foods but there are others that are used. I opted to home cook and if he remains stone free, I'm going to just keep doing what is working. How did your dog do?
Thank you for answering. Willow went in on Friday. They were unable to do the
hydropropulsion as the catheter wouldn't go into her bladder. So, she had to have the surgery. They are 99% sure these are Calcium stones, but we won't know for until the results come back. The stones were sent off to the Univ of Minn. for testing.
As for her food we will have to walk a fine line on that one, since she is prone to pancreatitis, and most RX foods for stones are high in fat.Right now she is on RC Low Fat canned food.
She is doing fine since surgery, but it has only been 2 1/2 day's. When she pee's it still has blood in it, but I was told that was to expected. She will get her stitches out in about 10 day's.
Having a dog with stones if a 1st for me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!