View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
4OC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich_cain View Post
Sadie has always been docile and loving. When my parents came to stay with us for the last 2 months she suddenly started showing signs of aggression when you disturb her when she is sleeping or pick her up when she doesn't want to be. She never did this before the company came. I am wondering if she is "resource guarding" her personal space? If so, how do I stop this aggressive behavior? She usually only does it to someone else and remains calm with me. Will she go back to normal after the company leaves and her routine is brought back? I don't want her to continue to nip at visitors. I know you can't spank yorkies, so what form of punishment should I use when she does this? Unfortunately she is usually on the other side of the room and away from me when this happens.

Any advice would be appreciated. I want her to go back to my cuddly harmless little girl. she is not too far gone yet, so I am sure we can turn her back around.
Get her a larger open wire crate and have her toys/water dish and a pee pad in it along with a comfortable pillow for sleeping on. You don't want to punish her but to change her behavior. When she does this, slip her into the crate and close the door. Give her a treat thru the wires after she has settled down. Sit close to her so she knows you still love her - just not her behavior.
4OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!