View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #11
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Scraggly hair, oh that sucks. Just like my girl. All the more reason she shouldn't have been bred, and all the better reason for her not to be with these people any longer. That's probably why it's hard for them to "sell" her. Usually if it's a great looking dog, people are fighting over who gets to "adopt" one. But one that doesn't look that great, it's hard to give them away for free. Which are where the rescues sometimes come in.

Take strongly into consideration everything, which I know you are. I would advise against taking her IF in a few months you think it's not working out and uprooting her again. On the other hand, animals do adapt quickly. If you are not 100% sure, or you are not the type of person to give up things for an animal, I would not take her. But let me tell you, I have fostered many, and many have not looked good. They all are absolute love bugs no matter what they looked like. There's just something about this breed that is so special.

Honestly I don't know if the weekend babysitting would be beneficial or not. It takes a few weeks usually for the dog to get comfortable. Toto took almost a year!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!