View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #264
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink04 View Post
Miss Tink has been doing well. We kicked our bacteria and she's been a happy little girl.
One thing we have noticed is that it appears Tink is developing arthritis. Her back and legs pop a lot now. It seems to have started suddenly. We took her to the vet for a look over and her reaction was "And she doesn't seem to be in pain?" like she was surprised that Tinky hasn't been acting in pain, which worries me .
I thought it was the Prednisone causing it, but she said the Pred could actually help, since it's an anti inflammatory. I'm really trying to stay positive. Given what this little girl has went through, I hate for her to have to deal with any type of pain. My vet said to watch out for any type of visible pain, or if she cannot walk properly. I'm just going to hope and pray that it doesn't get worse. I did find a really helpful thread: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...arthritis.html
I'm thinking about having Tinky do some acupuncture, which my vet does. But, we hope you all have a Merry Christmas, tomorrow is my last day of work until Jan. 4th, so that means.... TINKY TIME!!!
She might just have LP which really does not cause a lot of discomfort. Before assuming it is arthritis and doing acupuncture, I would have xrays done to see if she does indeed have arthritis.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!