Thread: Dinovite
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 03:59 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoeygvig View Post
Ok......well heres the issue I am having with Lil Milee. She has been scratching and breaking out with bumps and flaking really bad. When I took her to her vet he told me he highly recommended the Dinovite for those reasons alone. Right now she is ok because he gave her a shot and sprayed her with some sort of grooming oil. He said this would last a week and if she started scratching again and breaking out that I needed to do process of elimination with her food and that this dinovite would help with her issues of scratching and breaking out. I haven't ordered it because I don't want to start giving her something else that may either make her worse or do nothing at all. Do you have a vitamin supplement you would recommend?
Oh boy.... What he told you doesn't even make clinical sense. First, when a dog is experiencing obvious signs of allergies, the very *last* thing one does is add in yet another bunch of potentially irritating ingredients. Here are the ingreds in Dinovite:

Dinovite® Original Canine
Ingredients: Ground flax seed, dried kelp, yeast culture, ground grain sorghum, fructooligosaccharide, zinc methionine complex, diatomaceous earth, montmorillonite clay, yucca schidigera extract, dehydrated alfalfa meal, Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product dehydrated, Aspergillus niger fermentation product dehydrated, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated.

You can see that there are several allergens in this list! So no, I would not under any circumstances go down the Dinovite road. It's like slapping some ointment on a gaping wound...what's the point?

I've dealt w/ allergies extensively and the best advice I'd give you is to go to a Vet Dermatologist asap - they will get you squared away immediately. Otherwise, you will end up going to this generalist vet probably about 3-6 more times, spending more $$ each time...with still no solution. Most generalists are terrible w/ allergy dogs.

For how to deal w/ allergies, read all of this: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!