View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 03:25 AM   #586
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have noticed an increase in complaints by people that have limited communication skills on a public forum, and they misinterpret any post that disagrees with what they have said, or a post that suggests they have more important issues that need addressing, or they complain about being told they need to be vetting their dog, or they take offense at a posters style of posting, or speech patterns, or even typing styles...OMG!!!...the list goes on and on! All this criticism for advice and help, given for free, and by people that are knowledgeable in a vast array of different topics.....but apparently not delivered in a cadence or style or speech pattern one finds politically correct or benign......maybe we need to have a "For Adults Only" section, where adults come to ask other adults a question, and then adults respond to the question, offering their knowledge about the topic, possibly actually helping the poster, utilizing adult suggestions and direction, delivered in an adult manner. No insults or belligerence or judgmental criticism, by either person.....just a question/answer session......posters that only appreciate and tolerate "warm and fuzzy", can stay out of the "Adults Only" section. Bold, straight forward honesty is not the same as ridicule, insults, harassment, and condemnation, and should not be considered or misinterpreted as such.....
I totally understand where you're coming from . Your post regarding different posting styles etc, reminded me of this wonderful post from page 20, remember this...? Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTeddykins View Post
Some people think with logic and some think with feelings and neither way is better - just different.

I, for example, am a logic person. I understand things and communicate that understanding via logic which is not always construed as "nice" to a feeling person because truth is often blunt. In my opinion, one should adapt their feelings towards truth - not the other way around.

Yet, social intelligence is important especially on a forum where all sorts of personalities converge. What good is logic without the ability to express it so that it can be shared with and learned by others? So, I have to ensure that I try very hard to come across as understanding AND logical. I must understand that not everything is logical and feelings can be the most illogical of all things. However, without the compassion of a feeling person, my logical statements would not always be well tolerated.

Albert Einstein said, "Gravitation is not responsible for falling in love."

We all need each other to grow. So, LOGICIANS, if you state a fact, try to do so compassionately. FEELERS, if someone states a fact, try to see it as good intent rather than an attack on your character.

Give and take is key to effective communication.

I think someone stated in an earlier post that we all care about the dogs. That's the thing to remember. We can learn from each other so that our dogs benefit from our knowledge and our love.

Drinks on me.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!