View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #15
kmarla
Senior Yorkie Talker

Our new little puppy Gracie is 14 weeks today. We are crate training her, and at bed time I have her crate raised on an ottoman right beside the bed. When I'm in bed we're basically eye to eye. I have a warm, furry blanket in her crate as well as a soft little stuffed toy for her to curl up on. This seems to give her lots of reassurance. She is being a little angel. She goes out around 10:30 pm for her last pee and doesn't make a peep all night. I take her out between 6:30 and 7:00 am in the morning. She hasn't had an accident overnight since the first night home. I think that the crate is a more confined area and it is comforting for her. She goes into her crate on her own during the day and just curls up for a little snooze, so she clearly likes it. I had an ex pen set up for her but she didn't want to be in it, so I ended up putting it away. If you're open to trying a crate, that might help your little one feel more secure. I wish you luck and hopefully things will settle down and fall into a routine very soon
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!