View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #13
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Based on my horrible 4 to 5 month experience...

I'd suggest to keep her in her playpen somewhere close to your bed. Bring in a loud ticking clock to help her sleep. And by all means, don't cave. Depending on your little one, it may take a couple of weeks or it may take months, as it did for me.

But the second you cave, you're done. So be strong!!

It'll also help to have something SUPER comfy for her to sleep on in the playpen / crate. Like an old pillow that's super fluffy. Mine has an old fluffy down pillow and he LOVES it.

And, get a clicker. Click and give her food/treats (whatever works) whenever she's in the playpen or goes to the comfy pillow and is quiet. This is to make sure she associates the playpen / comfy pillow is an awesome place to be when she's quiet. She'll learn pretty quickly! They're sooooo smart.

But at all other times, when she's kicking and crying and screaming, just ignore her, as long as you know she's been out for a potty break already. Trust me, I know how hard it is to ignore a crying puppy, it's heart wrenching, but it's well worth it in the long run.

I chose this route because my little guy is too small and I don't want him on our bed in case he gets squished (and I'm completely unconscious when I'm asleep :P). He's currently crate trained and crawls into his crate at night when he sees me crawl into my bed. It's pretty cute and awesome I still continue to give him treats to associate his down-pillow stuffed crate with awesomeness. Whenever I leave him in the morning I tell him to go to his crate before he gets his treats. He dashes in there so fast, like a lightening bolt!! haha..

Good luck!!

Last edited by canana; 12-09-2015 at 11:11 AM.
canana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!