View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #7
JadeD
YT 1000 Club Member

At 14 weeks old a male puppy should not lift their leg. I have heard that some do, but in my experience none of mine lifted a leg until they were about 6 months or older. I had my male puppy fixed the day after he turned 6 months and at 9 months he still does not lift his leg, which is preferable to me because I like for him to lean forward to pee. I have a 6 year old male dog (80 lbs) who does not lift his leg. I hope my male puppy never does start lifting.

I asked people on here before I got my puppies and was advised that I should not switch their puppy food and I took their advice and I am so happy that I did! They eat well and are extremely healthy puppies with no stomach problems. Even though it is not the food I wanted them on, I am glad I did not switch. I am on their last bag of puppy food though and it should last about 6 weeks. Then I will be switching them to the food that I want to have them on doing a slow switch.

I would definitely consider going back to the original food they were on, as a slow switch if you did a slow switch to this new food, and if you just switched them to this food, I think I would just switch them back to what they were on from the breeder. It is terribly upsetting for a puppy's food to be changed.

As far as potty training. My puppies were so not even close to being potty trained at that age. It wasn't until about 5 months old they were somewhat potty trained. At 6 months they were sort of potty trained. At 7 months they were partially potty trained. At 8 months mostly potty trained and now at 9 months we only have a few accidents here and there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!