View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I agree with Yorkiemom1 and Wylie's Mom on the peeing, if you have given him more freedom, opened a new area for him to roam and play in, they get distracted, excited, engrossed in playing or checking out new area, they forget where they are supposed to potty.

As for switching his food, this transition must be done slow, over a period of a week so as to not upset their digestive system. Mix a small amount of new food with his old food, each day increase the amount of new food mixed in with his old food. At 14 weeks old they are not eating a large amount of food, so the new food has to be in very small amounts. Keep increasing each day until he is on only the new food. This should be done over a period of at least 7 days so it does not up set his digestive system.This is how you switch food no matter how old the dog is. My boy is 4 y/o, I do a 10 day transition, not because he has a sensitive digestive system, it's just what I do.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!