View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #14
smallmans
YT Addict

Love Bella Crossed the Rainbow Bridge

Bella was helped across the Rainbow Bridge yesterday by a wonderful vet, Dr. Steven Schultz. He made an 1 hour 10 minute drive to our home so Bella would have no anxiety. It was a beautiful experience! Truly, brought me peace with my decision to say good-bye before she reached a severe crisis. She greeted Dr. Steve happily with her tail wagging and even give him a few nose kisses. We both held her as she fell asleep. She passed in about 10 calm, peaceful, panfry minutes. She left snuggled in Mike's arms with me petting and rubbing her ears telling her how much she meant to us. It wasn't as hard as I had prepared myself for because she was so relaxed. She even fell asleep in my lap as Dr. Steve explained the process and answered our questions. I know we did the right thing. I didn't want to see her continue to go downhill until we had to make the long trip into the emergency vet. I felt so much love in my heart as we said goodbye. She will be privately cremated and we will sprinkle her ashes in some of her favorite sniffing spots on the mile loop around our cottage community.
Good friends invited us to their home before Dr. Steven came, Bella loves their kitty so she had a well loved walk before we took her on her final beloved walk through the woods and along the lakeshore. She was exhausted when we got back home, the good kind. Our dear friends then called and said to come down when they needed us so we went down later and out to dinner. They loved Bella and understood our pain. Thanks to them, we had a quietly tearful afternoon and early evening.
We were not prepared for entering our home for the firs time without Bella greeting us. It hit me like a freight train. For the last 7 years she had ALWAYS been there, each and every day to greet us whenever we returned. When we are "at the lake" she goes with us everywhere and has never spent a night away from the cottage without us. So we immediately felt the horrible emptiness and stark reality. We both cried and realized it will hurt, and hurt painfully for awhile. We laid on our bed in the darkness and comforted one another. No sound of Bella's footsteps as she climbed up to join us and no soft, warm nose kisses to share her love. How tightly she had wrapped her paws around your hearts. She was our first and ONLY dog and we loved her with all of our hearts. I know we made the right decision and I know she knew how much we loved her until her loving heart became still. Oh the pain I feel now. I appreciate all of your messages of support. I know my husband and I will get through this and slowly find comfort in our memories. Thank you dear Yorkie lovers and friends. You are a wonderful support.
smallmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!