View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobstersmom View Post
Smallmans,

I am so sorry to read this news about Bella. Of course your heart is breaking. It is very hard knowing you will be saying good bye to your sweet Bella soon. These precious memories you are making with Bella will be priceless and I am so glad you have this time to enjoy her, show her how much she is loved, and tell her everything you want her to know to take to the bridge with her.

I have had to make the decision to euthanize a few pets. Both were elderly with terminal health conditions and were in pain, so I felt it was a blessing to be able to choose to end their suffering. Not that it hurt any less for me, but I knew that I was giving them a great gift of kindness.

I have stayed with both through the procedure, held them in my arms, and my love was the last thing they felt and my voice the last thing they heard. My vet gives a small sedative first to relax them, and then we have had time to say our good byes. Both went peacefully, with no struggles. When your pet is in pain and their quality of life is gone, it really is a blessing to be able to choose to end their suffering.

I've had both of mine cremated, and the vet has given us a small plaster paw print and a lock of their hair. We have their ashes in small wooden boxes with their collars and tags and their names carved on top. I'm choosing to have their ashes mixed and spread with mine with my time comes.

I miss them but have no regrets for choosing to help them over the bridge.

Hugs,

Diana
Every single part of the above post sounds just like me and what I have lived through and done ... right down to the ashes being mixed with mine.

I am so very sorry about your Bella. That is the hardest part of sharing our love with these babies..... that we will outlive them and feel so much pain. Of course none of us who are so in love with our furbabies would want it to be the other way.

I will keep you and your Bella in my thoughts and prayers.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!