View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
Dianezz
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default fowl breath 8 yr old

Hi friends. ....
Basically ,very soon after Kirby 's last dental cleaning approximately 6 months ago our 4 pounder furry baby has fowl poopy/ fishy smelling breath. He has been re examined by two vets ( got a second opinion )the concensus is he has moved on from expressing his anal glands with bowl movements and now takes a more active part including using his mouth. Vets expressed with hands onto a tissue and it was the same odor.

My first concern was that his gums or similar was nicked and inflamed after dental cleaning.......something quite treatable. Vet said not the issue, and to continue using a water additive if not already using regularly.

Kirby has kept his anal area odor free and odor free breath. all these years. He doesn't scoot on Carpet........i am baffled as additive isn't doing the trick.

Also, he provides therapy for extremely disabled adults and at a "nursing home:"

The clients don't catch the smell in ways that appear as any discomfort to them.

But, I am very concerned. ......am I alone. We do not have his glands manually expressed as we are more comfortable with his natural process. I don't know what to think.
no eating or any other change in habits. HELP please
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!