Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Green View Post
Hi I just rescued my yorkie the vet said that she had been abandoned for a few weeks and that she was about 2 and that she has flea allergies and put her on antibiotics need to know what is the best kind of food she has a lot of build up in her eyes and shakes a lot is it normal
There are about 200+ different ones! Depends on who you talk to....depends on your baby girl. If she likes kibble, you can start there. If she likes canned or soft, start there. If her teeth are deplorable/missing, soft will be easier for her to manage....or you can soften kibble with warm water or broth. I try to stick with dog food that I do not have to doctor up, add to, warm up, soften, grind, etc for the pup to eat it. I STRONGLY suggest you find a food and STICK with it....once they have you jumping all over the kitchen/dog food store, you have become their "Victim of the Preparatory Kitchen, Gourmet Chef....and that little dog will have YOU running through every brand/bag of dog food you can find, every canned good you have in your pantry, every egg~cheese~chicken dish you can think of, to fix for her.
Do NOT start something you do not want to lovingly continue!!!

I feed Royal Canin, from conception to death, and have done so since the '70's. I have some really tiny babies that were born tiny and have stayed tiny....I do NOT sell my tinies for any amount of $$$$...they stay right here with me....they get Health Extension Little Bites, because it is so tiny, about the size of a BB, for those tiny mouths.....I will crush some of the RC mini Adult, and mix it in with the Little Bites....as my kiddos age, depending on teeth, we go to canned RC Adult Beauty, or Adult Light, or RC Mature.....

I let a cousin have a retired male of mine.....I buy her a large bag of RC because of the price....and she softens it with addition of a little Rachel Rays prepared meals, and she also uses something called Variety Mixables which she mixes with the RC kibble to soften it for this precious little seniors mouth, also feeds him Cesar meals, she mixes it with a little cottage cheese and adds it to the RC....as long as she continues to feed him the RC, she can add those other "side dressings to soften the kibble" for his little mouth with few teeth....he is going on 15 years old and is healthy as a horse, so I guess his diet is healthy and it certainly works for him and my cousin cost wise! I just told her to make sure she feeds as much RC as she is feeding the additive.....I wanted him to stay on the RC, so I buy that for her because of the price.....

What is this pup eating now? Leave him on what he is eating at the time, he has enough adjustments without having his basic diet all tossed up in the air......After he has been with you 4-5 months, which will give you time to see what you think you want to feed, then you can gradually switch him over if what he is on now is not healthy.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!