View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnR View Post
For those of you who might be interested, I'm actually disappointed in the lack of responses, thank you Yorkiemom1!, Mia had a UTI. All blood tests and actually urine test also, were normal but we decided to try an antibiotic, and after day #3 she is back to normal. She has also perked up, I thought she was a bit listless from just being pregnant but now she seems to have more energy as well. I think she just feels better. I wish we had tried the antibiotic before the expensive blood tests etc, but loosing a litter and/or a mom isn't worth waiting on.
Great,... problem solved...what antibiotic did the vet put her on....surely, the vet is clear on what antibiotics can be given during pregnancy.....what was the diagnosis based on, since everything came back normal??? I get real queesy throwing antibiotics at pregnant dogs, based solely on a guess....
Glad baby momma is feeling better....
As far as lack of responses....perhaps no one felt really comfortable "treading into those waters", by trying to second guess what may be happening with a pregnant Yorkie. No harm done, no foul....they may have wanted to be sure you went to the vet with this pregnant momma, rather than settle for guesses about illness made over the internet, on a pregnant dog. And it looks like maybe you would have settled for guesses, and throwing antibiotics at an unknown, definite diagnosis, to avoid "expensive blood tests", only following up if no improvmnt was seen.......that is too great a risk to take on a pregnant dog. Chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 10-03-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!