View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #62
alex99emmie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Emmie and I have a new one to report - haven't heard this one mentioned - we live in a small town of about 2500 people - I know I mentioned on the other thread being asked very rudely to leave Dollar General after we had been in there many, many times before. When I noticed they had put up their refrigerated units for milk and ice cream I made it a point to ask if she was still allowed in and was told it was absolute okay. When I rushed in last Father's Day (the first Father's Day after my own father had been run over and killed and understandably a vey difficult day for me), some woman behind the counter literally screamed at me that I could not bring "that dog" in there. So I left and have never been back. But, get this, my husband and I take care of an 86 year old man here who has no family - we adopted him 12 years ago when his wife died (they married late in life and had no children) and all their family had died before them so he was pretty much alone except for his church family. Anyway, he has cancer and had fallen and broken his hip - he was in and out of our local hospital several times last year. We always call him Emmie's "grandpa Johnny" and she loves to go and visit "grandpa." We were told that by all means we could bring Emmie as much as possible to visit her grandpa!!! And this in a hospital!!! Granted he was in respite care, in a private room, but still, if a hospital would let her in and her not be a therapy dog, it is hard to believe Dollar General would have a problem!!! Anyway, just thought I would throw that little tidbit in. I thought it was kind of neat, as he was always so happy to see her and if we didn't bring her each day we came, he always asked where she was and when she would be back.
Emmie and Izzie B's momma
alex99emmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!