View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #1
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Default Both are throwing up - Help!

Friday Daisy threw up a thick yellow pile of vomit outside and she had beige runny poo. She also seemed to be having some urine leaking, so I took her to the vet yesterday. He gave me Metronidazole and DES O 1mg capsule to help with incontinence. I gave her both yesterday. She seemed to feel pretty good yesterday. Her urine checked out ok and she had no fever.

Then we noticed that one of them threw up 3 piles with undigested kibble yesterday. Teddy was the only one who ate kibble so we think it was him.

This morning I woke up to find a spot of yellow stuff on the bed. It wasn't frothy like bile. I don't know what it was. I went to the kitchen and Daisy was near the back door and there were three big spots of runny brown vomit by the back door.

Daisy did eat some canned Hills d/d salmon yesterday and seemed to have a good appetite. Teddy ate some Hills d/d salmon kibble and seemed fine too.

So I'm trying to figure out why they are both sick. They have not been around any other dogs to catch anything. The only thing they both ate in common was Hills hypo allergenic bones and pill pockets in duck and pea flavor for allergic dogs. I'm wondering if it's the pill pockets? They have successfully eaten 3 bags of them but I wonder if we got a bad bag. I just opened a new bag.

Teddy takes Enalapril 5mg 1 1/2 pill daily, in two separate doses. Daisy gets Denamarin and now the other two drugs I mentioned but only had one dose of the DES yesterday. I have to watch Teddy for pancreatitis because he seems to get occasional mild cases. This morning his tummy is rumbling so I gave him Kayopectate, it always helps him.

I am not comfortable with a holiday weekend and I can't call the vet. I sent an email to Daisy's vet but I don't know if they check them on weekends. He told me yesterday to keep Daisy STRICTLY on her hypoallergenic diet with no cheating...I guess he suspects something she got into made her sick. But why is Teddy sick too? I was giving Daisy her Denamarin in cream cheese because it is a huge pill and she will swallow it without chewing it if I put it in cream cheese. The vet said no more cream cheese, use pill pockets only.

Should I give them boiled hamburger and rice until I can talk with the vet? I don't know if the food is making them sick. I don't want them vomiting two more days before the vet is open again. I'm going to stop giving the pill pockets until I can figure this out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!