View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
jdmfastdc2
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Okay here is an update. I found a small enough harness so we are good there. We did have him in a crate overnight and a few hours during the day that was about 2ft x 3ft, maybe a tad larger. He seemed to hate it so i thought maybe it was too big and he didnt feel safe. Since them we have been keeping him in his much smaller carrier, and he doesnt seem to like that either. I want to pick one and stick to it... which is the better choice for him? He seems to hate going into either, and I get awoken every morning about 10 minutes before I normally get up, to his yelps. Also, as far as the potty training goes he seems to never poop! I know of four times in the week weve owned him that hes pooped. Twice in the house, twice outside. He never goes when I take him out to poop. The two times hes gone outside, I take him out, he wanders or paws at me to pick him up, and I eventually take him back in... and then i catch him about to poop in the house withing 5 min of us going out! Any suggestions? Putting him in a cage really breaks my heart. My father is Yorkie / Maltese mix and they bought a child pack and play for her. At night they set her carrier in the pack and play with the door open so she can go in it or walk around the pack and play if she wants, and she seems to like it. Is this a good option? As far as outside training how do you feel about an exercise pen I drop him and and leave him until he poops?
jdmfastdc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!