View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinell;4588531[B
]I used to feed my dogs Royal Canin "but it is not a quality food". According to a very reliable site (Dog food advisor --> Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor) RC gets only two and a half stars:[/B] Royal Canin Breed-Specific Adult Dog Food | Review and Rating

However, the brand I feed my dogs, Acana, gets 5/5. Acana Dog Food | Review and Rating

I found that ACANA has an Italian site, so hopefully you can find it near you, I think Milano should have a good selection of stores and good availability.

Italian Acana website: Acana | Alimenti di ricchi di proteine per cani e gatti

Good luck and I hope you find Acana - it is very good quality for a dry dog food and is one of the only brands to consistently pass food investigations where most other brands fail.

Sorry.....your "bible for advice on proper dog food" is a joke....."dog food advisor????!!! Surely you jest...!!!!! Read up on his qualifications!!! He gets his recommendations from the specific dog food companies he promotes!

Wont get into this discussion again, however, if YOU prefer whatever, great....but dont dish another food, ANY food, based on "the dog food advisor's recommendations" or people that choose to worship his advice!!! Anyone that knows this man's site for any number of years knows how and why and what drives this particular site! By his OWN admission, he gets his reviews from the brand of food he justifies as being outstanding. Guess he couldnt collect anything from Royal Canin to justify naming them as "a favorite" of his. There are MANY excellent foods out there....talk to people that have actual knowledge and experience feeding particular foods, as well as valid pet food recalls. I have personally used Royal Canin for my dogs for the last 30 something years...excellent results, excellent health in my dogs, excellent conditioning of my dogs.....and I dont get a dad gum dime from RC for advocating their food, no do I get any food for singing their praises...it is a greaqt food and my dogs have for many, many years thrived and benefitted from eating it!...
And for goodness sake, PLEASE dont make yourself a "dog food expert" by announcing ANY particular dog food is "not a quality food"!! There is no way you can honestly and fairly justify such a judgement call for it's validity. You can say YOU dont like it, YOU dont feed it, YOU dont blah, blah, blah.....but YOU cant honestly justify such a condemnation of ANY dog food, especially based on "the dog food advisor"!!!! Such a disqualifier!!! This could be equated to saying carrots are the only food source you need to eat because Bugs Bunny said so and YOU love Bugs Bunny!!!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 08-31-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!