View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 05:11 AM   #3
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

At 13 months old he can be feed twice a day. I feed my Cody 1/2 his food at 7AM, snack at noon, the other 1/2 of food at 5PM at 8PM we go through all his commands with a few treats so that becomes his snack time.. Select a morning and evening feeding time that fits your schedule. The main feed times MUST BE CONSISTENT, schedules are a must for potty training. All dogs have diff. time to potty after they eat, Cody goes 10 minutes after eating, which I think is unusual, all my past dogs went 20 to 30 minutes after eating, so it is trial and error. I suggest 30 minutes after he eats walk him, if you have him pad trained, confine him to where his paid is. If he has an accident or makes before the 30 minutes I would cut it to 20 minutes. If you walk him and he pottys in the house before the walk, WALK him any way, this shows him there is a certain time he gets walked and will hold it until that time. Dogs have a built in alarm clock, and adapt to schedules, walk time MUST also be CONSISTENT. Feed, walk same times every day, consistency and patience is the key word.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!