View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
Jkondik
Yorkie Talker

Default Trouble with Stool - Variation of Soft, soft-serve, and soft, pencil-thin

Hi All,

We have a 13 month old Yorkie who has been healthy and doing great until recently. A few weeks ago, he has been having problems having normal bowel movements. I'll do my best to explain his diet and everything thoroughly, but we can't figure out what to do differently.

We visited the vet, stool sample provided. Stool sample came back normal. She advised maybe stress as my wife was away on business, but we still haven't been able to get things under control. Every once in a while, he has a good movement.

Diet:
- Royal Canin - Yorkie Blend. About 1 cup total per day.
- Recently while having BM problems, mostly chicken and rice.

Treats:
- Stella and Chewy - Chicken (we put these in his Kong) but I've stopped giving them to try and see if that is the problem.
- Boiled Chicken (cubed) - We put this in is Kong sometimes too

Since the problems have started, I've limited Stella and Chewy as I'm not sure if maybe something in his stomach has changed to not agree with this.

Some days, he has BM's on his schedule, but they are still soft and of no form. Other days, he wakes us up to take him out and they are soft, pencil thin stools.

I want him to feel normal and I'm not sure what to do/change.

Thoughts:
- Add pumpkin to diet and see if this helps?
- Change dog foods?
- Make balanced home-cooked meals?

Does anyone else have this type of problem?
Jkondik is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!