View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviruchi View Post
thanks for the replies

@colesmommy01 hello! it's been awhile, and thank you for responding to my post again lol. what's bat exactly? i was looking at this website for certain tests needed to be done (Canine Health Information Center: CHIC Information. i'm not really sure what else is supposed to be done. (still researching what exact tests are needed)

but 3.5k$? was that to test both the parents? or just one? i didn't know it'd get that much expensive O_o; is this supposed to be done whenever they are supposed to mate or just once? (can't seem to find that answer yet) and what does bile acid test do exactly? how does it relate to breeding?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh and guys please check out http://ellokupo.tumblr.com. temp pw is: kupokupo
what do you think of kupo guys? do you think he's good enough to breed? i've checked with the vet today, and he's currently 5.12lbs and about to be 5 months in 4 days. the vet says he's very healthy and in shape. his hair is still growing and his ears are both erect now.. and please ignore the song playing in the background.. i can't seem to find the right song to play on his page.. lol

A Bile Acid Test (BAT) tests how an individual dog's liver functions and performs and can rule out having Liver Shunt which is prevalent within the Yorkshire Terrier breed. Although, even if both parents have perfectly acceptable levels it doesn't mean they will never produce a pup who doesn't have a shunt. That being said, no one (imo) should breed a dog with liver shunt.

Brucellosis testing is also a test you may want to look into if you stud Kupo(I plan on having a closed breeding program, but if you don't make sure the bitch has had this test done). I think he's at a good weight. Is his topline level? It doesn't seem like he has an over/underbite from the pictures(i'm a stickler for a nice set of teeth).

Have you had anyone other than his breeder evaluate him? There are a few show breeders on this forum and they may be able to assist. Most of the ones I've spoken with ask to see the dog in a "stacked" position to better evaluate.

The $3,500 doesn't include testing . I haven't even had testing done yet lol. My female will have her first test in the next month and if all is fine I'll get OFA and so on. The cost comes from traveling to speak with show breeders, grooming supplies, classes, and starting to renovate the yorkie room to accommodate them. Now I know why some breeders have kennels lol.

*just wanted to add, not all breeders perform the tests I listed. I would do it to know what I'm working with and if it's work reproducing and covering my own butt...btw is that your son in the pic holding Kupo? He's handsome and will be fighting the ladies off with a stick when he grows up!

Last edited by ColesMommy01; 07-07-2015 at 10:45 AM.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!