View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
ColesMommy01
YT 1000 Club Member

Hello! I have a girl/boy that I plan on breeding if everything goes well. Mine are close to the age of Kupo and my girl who's older will be going in for her BAT testing next month. If you plan on breeding or it's something you plan on doing in the future with Kupo or his potential future mate I would hold off on sterilization.

Also really look into what breeding entails. Read as much as you can, contact breeders you trust who are willing to help you in your future plans, and look into breed specific health screenings which should be done prior to reproducing. The three which I consider a must are : BAT, Knees(OFA done at 1 years old), and have eye cerf. As far as his hair, it will grow back and fast! I shaved my pet yorkie's body in the fall and it's already floor length. Just give him 3-5 months and it will be fine I'm sure.

Needless to say breeding isn't cheap lol. I've spent over $3500 in the last 3 months on things i consider necessities for just these two pups and that doesn't even include their purchase price. If you want to do it and you know you're going to do it the right way hold off of neutering him and have him evaluated by more than one judge/showbreeder.

Look into getting the Bile Acid Test done if breeders/judges think he's a fine example then go from there. Last but not least don't get discouraged.

Last edited by ColesMommy01; 07-06-2015 at 11:50 AM.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!