View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 02:41 AM   #9
Opium88
YT 500 Club Member

I was really worried about finding a new vet once mine retired, too... Because years ago when he treated my Pitt bull , Chewy, for his chronic violent throwing up , I seriously thought chewy was dying. I would feed him a cup of food and he would throw up an ungodly amount of complete swollen pieces every meal. It was unimaginable. He told me it was separation anxiety and I thought no way. That is beyond anxiety. No way. So he said we could put him on some med that keeps their stomach working so the food gets processed and maybe that would help to keep it down and give him nutrients, but he seriously doubted it work... Because it was separation anxiety. We tried it. He was right . Didn't work. So I went to four other vets who prescribed the Same medication but they were absolutely certain of the cause and one had me buying super expensive food and all these meds, and nothing worked. So I went back to my vet and I asked what I can do to make this stop . He said quit your job or take him to work. He needs to be able to be near you and that's all that will cure this right now. So I quit my job and took him everywhere with me and he never threw up again. He grew out of it because when I started working again he was fine. So after that I never second guessed him again. And he's never been wrong either. Sometimes he humors me but I can see his little smile and I know he thinks I overthink things, but he still humors me while telling me he's doing just that...lol. He gives me a way to prove myself wrong and I feel better having made sure of whatever and he's always right and never says a word... Just smiles and wobbles cause he's like 90. I love knowledgable old people. But this new one has it in the bag. And I'm glad I don't have to start over somewhere new looking for a new witch doctor.
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!