View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #1
Opium88
YT 500 Club Member

Smile Incident report and update :)

So I had to take izzy in to the vet last week a couple times concerning her violent scratching at her ear. When the first visit and hopeful cure didn't have the results we hoped for, I had to take her back in to have her sedated so they could get a better look at her ear canal and eardrum. I know the dangers of it, so it wasn't a shock to me when he went over the procedure and also the possible dangers of doing so. But even knowing all that, the second I went to sign the paperwork, I felt a tightness in my chest and I started getting hot. I went to my car to sit in the air conditioning. It wasn't really helping . And then my vet knocked on my window which surprised me, and told me izzy was coming out of sedation and was a little wobbly and wanted her mama. I was so relieved to hear that, because I had such a knot of fear in my stomach. So I went back in and we went back to his room to discuss everything. And then it got hotter. And hotter. And my vision started to pinhole. He was getting smaller. So I interrupted him and asked him to take izzy because I didn't want to drop her. He said you look really pale, yes let me take her, and he handed her to the vet tech and walked me to a chair, and that lovely man stood there for twenty minutes fanning me and talking me through my inconveniently timed and embarrassing panic attack until my boyfriend got there... I don't know what came over me to trigger that. I never have those in public. I did that day. And he actually talked me through it before my muscles cramped up any farther than my fingers. So my poor boyfriend showed up to both his girls wobbly and woozy. But the treatment he gave izzy for the tear on her eardrum was effective and she is all good and well now. And other than the eardrum issue Izzy is in perfect health. Toby isn't itching as badly. And now that we've moved into a larger house with a huge yard, they are both happy heathens. We are root tilling the yard tomorrow and putting in grass so they can run themselves ragged . And they seem happier here so I'm happy.thats my incident report and update for now.
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!