Thread: PSA Leaky Eyes
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
wigglewomyn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLittleLady View Post
I was recently at my local dog store and buying dog food I mentioned my yorkie has been having a lot of eye drainage. The girl working there mentioned the food I was feeding while a high quality food it did contain potatoes and potatoes cause yeast and yeast is what is being excreted from the eyes. I had never heard that but I did switch to a food not containing potatoes and her eyes have totally cleared up. It's been 4 days and it's a total difference. So just wanted to share in case someone else was dealing with something similar.
My female has had a lot of eye drainage since I brought her home. It has never turned hard though; it just seems to dry. I am now feeding the puppies a holistic grain free food but it does contain sweet potatoes. Did the food that you were feeding your puppy contain regular potatoes or sweet potatoes? I might try this although I hate to switch their food again. They were eating grain free food with turkey in it and were itching terribly. I switched it over grain free food with bison and they have almost stopped itching.

Last edited by wigglewomyn; 06-26-2015 at 12:20 PM.
wigglewomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!