View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I am a breeder that ended up with TWO enormous babies!! One was a breeder from a very "elite, exquisite"line that I had always wanted a breeder from....he was/is gorgeous...but he was only supposed to get to 5-6 lbs....this line runs larger so that was OK...and I have a female that pulls size down and her babies are 4-6 lbs.....well this male who I had with a handler, thinking I would show him because he is so pretty....he took off and grew into a monster weighing 14 lbs!
I went ahead and bred him to my female that pulls size down, and she had 5 babies...4 matured from 4.5 lbs up to 5.5 lbs...then the last one took after his father and he weighs a whopping 16 lbs!!! I love him and he is precious, but I named him Cow....my brother said I was hurting his feelings calling him that, so I changed his name to Cowboy....he is a wonderful boy, but these huge yorkies are great....they have all the "joie de vie" and personality of our beloved breed, and he has enough size on him he can play catch with a frisbee and a Nerfball, which he would sell everything I have to anyone willing to throw that frisbee hours on end!!!
Ha ha, cute story on how he got the name Cowboy! I think those plus size Yorkies are actually a great idea if a family has small children and even for some of us oldsters who worry about stepping on the smaller guys.

Join today and remove this ad!