View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
MissSunni
YT Addict

Default To Potential Backyard Breeders

I know we all love our little Yorkies to bits and pieces. I rescued a little Yorkie who was the product of a BYB and my poor little girl is riddled with health issues, because the moron decided that his/her dog was so cute, that they would make money off breeding her. Well, thats actually cruel and unjust to the helpless litter and probably the mother too. My girl is 7 months old and has already had two major surgeries...shes having another liver panel done on Monday because she may have LS. My heart breaks just knowing what shes gone through already. She is spunky and has a love of life and will to thrive so we will be ok. I'm so sad for the other puppies coming from that careless "breeder" said with the utmost contempt and sarcasm. I'm pretty sure most people wont be prepared to spend what I have on this little rescue so far..and still counting. Because of this site, and seeing people ask where can you get a Yorkie for $200 or $300...you get the idea, I started to look at Yorkie Rescue sites all over the country. I think most people would be literally shocked to see just how many Yorkies are out there waiting to be rescued!! There are so many it makes me want to open a House to just rescue all these little babies, but I KNOW its beyond my knowledge base. I know the majority of us really take personal responsibility for our pets and do the best we can to ensure they are healthy, and happy. But when I look at those websites and see the beautiful little babies eyes and the little head tilt that so many Yorkies have, I just dont understand how you stop loving your little pet. Did it get too big? too many medical issues? YOU can't train him/her? So just dump at the shelter..I bet those very same people are already looking for a "better" puppy the same day. Oh yeah..BYB, you do so much good. I read somewhere on this site, that someone wants to breed her dog, because its the dogs right to be a mother?!! I swear to God, I literally wanted to scream. I didnt even comment on that thread because I was furious at the negligence involved. If you DO love this breed, then leave it to the experts to do the breeding the proper way. There is so much more involved then, "well the mommy and daddy are so pretty, they'll make pretty babies". CLUELESS. There just arent enough people out there that can adopt all the neglected and abused dogs that already exist.

I know this will probably not even make a dent in the minds of the people I wish would think about what they are doing. But, I just have to say it. Maybe it will make someone think twice about exactly what they are doing. And with that I'm off to volunteer at a Pet Adoption Day today...Not one single "mutt" amongst the dogs looking for families.
MissSunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!