View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #14
betsygage
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I didn't know that the medicine for William's appetite was an antidepressant. I can't tell the one pill did anything, and perhaps he didn't really need it then anyway. He's been very perky after his chemo (which was a week ago today) until today. Today he is very quiet and wanting to spend nearly all day in bed. If not in bed, he is very quietly walking (not trotting as usual) out to lie in the sun. It's his favorite place to spend the day. He's eating a few bites of lean beef at a time and a was able to get his NSAID and antacid down him along with a little Blue Buffalo beef stew. Until today he'd been quite social during the day. Today acts like he has the flu. It is difficult to see him like this and it is times like these I wonder if I am doing the right thing when I take him for chemo. I am continuing to feed him whatever he will eat. I optimistically reordered another 100 of his NSAID today. It is comforting, yet sad, to know there are others out there nursing their little ill babies like I am, with all the love in their hearts. Your support and suggestions keep me going.
Last weekend a real estate friend showed us a house next door to hers that will be on the market next week. It is our dream house in the perfect neighborhood. But it has no yard and no way for our "babies" to use a pet door as they are used to. It's in an area where there are deer and lots of Nature. But it is not dog friendly. So we politely told her that at this time, we cannot consider moving. Without our Yorkies we would jump at it. But with William (and Lucy who is 13) there is no way the house would work. I'm not sure she quite understood, but i'll bet everyone here on this website understands.
betsygage is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!