View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #85
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
I agree that it's never fair to insult the OP or another poster. I think it's okay to criticize sources, but if we do, we should be careful and respectful in explaining why we are doing it, and try to provide a better alternative, if one is available (hence the discussion of Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists). And of course the OP and others should feel free to respectfully disagree with our criticisms.

And... we have to stop insulting the sources for the sake of insulting them. I admit that I was guilty of that in a certain post about margaritas that was off topic and deleted. It was an attempt at humor, but it WAS a little insulting to the Dog Food Advisor. It was not directed at the OP at all, and if the OP thought it wasn't funny or thought it was directed at them, I apologize. But yes, we're really more on the same page here than not. We just want what's best for our dogs.

Yup...it's always okay to be critical of sources, as long as it's done respectfully.

-------------------
At the end of the day, I think it always helps to put ourselves in others' shoes. I mean, if there was a thread about Remillard and a bunch of folks went in there poking fun at her or what she does or stands for or calling nutrition a "pseudo-science", a lot people would be quite offended by that disparagement....bc rather than it being critical/thoughtful, the remarks would be disparaging.

However, if they had criticisms or opinions about her and just wanted to express those constructively...totally should be welcome.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!