View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe had pink skin, foul yeasty odor, some hot spots and scratched a good deal - 10 x a day or so. The vet started him on a prescription anti-yeast shampoo but he got worse on it. Finally, an antibiotic shot stopped the awful odor for 2 weeks or so but it began to come back with occasional itching unless he was bathed in the Rx shampoo. I had to bathe him every 3 days in the Hexachor-K shampoo to keep the foul odor down. But about that time, Lisa(lisaly), a member here, very kindly sent me a jar of virgin coconut oil and Dogzymes Max Probiotics to put on his food. I began very slowly and worked up to about 1/8 teaspoon probiotics and 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil on 5 or 6 morning meals. Since he's been on those since and I only realized this past Tuesday, Tibbe's bad odor and itching hadn't prompted a shampoo for 2 weeks(before the bad odor started, he usually got bathed every 1-2 weeks) and I hadn't even noticed when the bad odor had totally gone away. But it is gone! He hasn't had a hot spot or occasional itching since the last of January or February. The only thing that changed after the antibiotic shot wore off was adding the coconut oil and probiotic to his food 5 or 6 days out of the week.

Last edited by yorkietalkjilly; 05-15-2015 at 09:01 PM.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!