View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #12
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmamma View Post
I have 2 that are considered tiny by many. Not so much by me, as they have huge attitudes

Sugar and Curri are both just below 4 pounds give or take. They vary between 3 3/4 pounds and 4 pounds. They do require more attention than any other dog I've had but I'm not sure that is size or personality or training (them of ME) dependent

We only feed twice a day since maturity with a snack before bed so that Curri doesn't get an upset tummy and vomit a bit of bile.

I've noticed a lot of the smaller yorkies are afflicted with dental issues because of their tiny mouthes. I'm sure genetics also play a huge part in this. But other than a great dental routine and using caution and stairs/ ramps with furniture, they are a pretty hearty duo!

Good luck on your decision ( it sounds as if it's already been made )
Thanks for your experiences, much appreciated. The Dental thing is something I'd not thought of, (Crystal uses at least 1 chew stick a day), she's checked every six months at the vet too. As a pup, we can start her 'brushing' from the beginning. I can first see her on the 23rd when she'll be 40 days old. Her breeder will bring her to the daughter's home nearby. As we can't have her anyway until early July anyway, I'm easy with that.

Apparently, she's a stand-out character already and I know from Crystal's skills how good they are at manipulating us! Goes with their intelligence I think and a good trade off for all the fun the 'attitude' gives most of the time as a positive value. I enjoy my times at my age, with my dog now as much as anything I do. I have a feeling about this little one somehow...
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!