View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #8
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello Joyce thank you, I must try to let sensibility prevail on this choice. I spoke with a 'Crufts' Judge for the breed last evening. He thought this little one 'if' the weight was correct at 1 month would end up at a year about 3 and a half pounds. As he said 'small' and would need provision for acknowledgement of her stature i.e. a quiet home and environs. Definitely no young children or stairs perhaps, no overtly strenuous or long exercise regimes. Also may need feeding three to four times a day, a little and more often etc. I can tick all those boxes by the way.

He gave me a few skeletal points to look out for, but did add that these 'tiny ones' do crop up within normal sized litters quite often and that as long as their needs are recognized, they can make out OK.

He added that many today are snapped up by young women as fashion accessories. Once the fad fades, they are then deserted and left alone for 12 hours or more a day, where accidents and depression can prevail. I drew the impression they get very close to their humans, who understand their frailties and with whom they feel secure.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!