View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 01:35 PM   #6
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Oh gosh Doc - I know that different countries do things differently. But with a wee one = I want the breeder to keep the pup until 2lbs at least. What ever that is in kilograms what .90 kg. And I thought England was all over to kilos etc.

If you are prepared and ready for a tiney - which seems how she is tracking then okay - but also be prepared that there could be more health probs.
Thank you. Those of us, who are proud to be English, still do things in lbs and ounces, feet and inches, as against the wretched European Union's enforced Kg's meters and foreign units etc.

I am concerned about health problems through genetic interbreeding - but am assured this tiny is unusual for this breeder. A friend had a 3lber (girl) who lived till 15. However I'm aware now through YT of the problems that a small build is more likely to manifest and it does worry me, but it seems the genetic lottery is not mutually exclusive to small pups.

I'm told my organic menu (cooked fresh daily), health checks, exercise, general love, play and care regime are what kept my little Jack Russell going until he was 16. Crystal gets exactly the same treatment now, and my friends mockingly reckon she eats better than they do!

I always thought I'd grow wiser as my days got shorter. However I will probably lose my heart to this little one, therefore wrestling once more the ambivalence of impetuosity over pragmatism!
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!