Thread: Selling pets!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote --
That was very nice and I think you are right most of the time, Ithe only think that concerns me is if the animal gets sick will, he or she be able to pay for the medical bills, if they couldn't afford the price of the pet??

-----------------------------------------------------------------
First of all - they can afford the price of the pet - if it's only $200.
Any of us would be happy to get a great little pet for a good price. And - you might say that this would leave us "more money" to pay for vet bills.

But - all things being equal -- I don't think any of us get expensive vet bills that we feel we can afford. We just get them and pay them one way or another - don't we?

I had about $2500 in vet bills with one of my little dogs (not a Yorkie), and I would never have said that I could afford vet bills like that. But, she got sick a couple of times ... and I got bills. Needless to say, there were many sacrifices made in order to pay those bills.

There is never any guarantee that any of us, our children, or our pets won't get sick.

And, I'm not sure we should always get health guarantees when we buy a little pup. Sometimes "yes." ....but not always. I do think that we need to be careful about purchasing a pet. Assuming that most people are upfront (which they are).. we can be fairly certain that our pets are healthy when we get them. And, we should, at least, always be given the right to have a well-puppy checkup (at our expense)....and, be able to return a puppy with a full refund if there are any serious problems.

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what happened to me when I got my little Yorkie. I was told to take him to a vet within two or three days after I got him -- and told that if the vet felt there were any serious problems, I could return him for a full refund. Well, of course -- he passed with flying colors and has been perfectly healthy every since. He's six months old now, very healthy; and at this point, I feel that I am personally responsible (not the person I got him from) for any vet bills, illnesses, etc.

Again - I think you might have less money for vet bills if you paid $1200 for a Yorkie -- compared to paying $200. And vet bills??? My six-month-old puppy and I are on our own and doing well....knock on wood!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!