View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
Opium88
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 049 Constant scratching

Toby, my Sumo Yorkie, has started this constant desperate scratching just in the past month. I'd always used the same shampoo and conditioner with no problems until the scratching started. Then I switched to more expensive John Paul pet brand (the Paul Mitchell version of dog products) and the first time went well. Then ever since then he still itches. Usually starts the next day after he's been washed. I've tried rinsing so well he squeaked, still itches. I've tried not rinsing as well as to not overdry, he still itches. If I use any other type of leave in conditioner or what not he looks greasy and dirty. He hasn't been real keen on the salmon oil being added to the food, so I'm at a loss. Do I switch to coconut Oil.? Is there a shampoo conditioner that actually works on itchy skin? Cause I'm pretty sure oatmeal is a big lie. Should I use a shampoo/conditioner all in one product? And what is the difference if any between that and a conditioning shampoo? My poor Toby is miserable. I don't want to wash him too much but I find myself torturing him with water more often now trying to soothe his a skin for a few hours before it starts again, and he HATES baths. Any water near his face and he's thrashing around like he's being drowned. My entire floor of the bathroom is a pool by the time we're done and it takes four big towels to soak it up. It's pretty dramatic. Izzy sits like she's getting a massage and Toby acts like I'm trying to kill him. So the baths are not fun for him. I just want him to not itch.

Last edited by Opium88; 05-03-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Misspelling words
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!