View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #53
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Having worked w/ Autistic adults for 5 years when I lived in Denver, I don't think this is accurate. I've never met an autistic adult, at any place on the spectrum, who had selective feelings about feelings. They either had them, and therefore could also recognize them -or- didn't really have any and therefore could not recognize them. I didn't meet any who had it both ways.

As far as tolerance, yes, of all people Taylor should understand tolerance as more than a fair share has been given her here at YT. We're asking that she also give that to others in return.

Like you, I also don't understand what you notice in the first paragraph here. You either get subtleties or you don't, but you can't really have it both ways.

I should also note, as far as illnesses that people have here at YT -- it is *not* YT's responsibility or goal to keep track of and make exceptions as a result of a known or unknown, diagnosed or undiagnosed illness. People need to behave decently here no matter what, period. We won't make exceptions for that.
I'm not sure I understand the comments to Cathy's post? Are you saying I'm lying? I'm not an idiot I do try to learn how I'm supposed to do things and what is expect of people but the more tired I get the less I am good at doing what I am "supposed" to do. I don't lie and am not lying I swear to that. I have even said I get it I messed up it was just what came out of my mouth and I was unable to see it has a big deal or really a problem. After the comments and having time to think about it and hear and see ways I could have done it I get it. It's just some times the best way to help me is to not get me so defensive because then I shut down. I don't expect special rules or to get away with everything. Sometimes I just need like a ramp a mental ramp. I'm not trying to just make excuses I am just trying to explain it because I'm not an evil person.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!