View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #52
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Taylor, one of the hardest things for people on the spectrum is to know what social behaviors are appropriate and how they are received by others. I think Ann is wanting you to "get" something you can't get. I hope we all can learn more tolerance for one another, every one of us!
Having worked w/ Autistic adults for 5 years when I lived in Denver, I don't think this is accurate. I've never met an autistic adult, at any place on the spectrum, who had selective feelings about feelings. They either had them, and therefore could also recognize them -or- didn't really have any and therefore could not recognize them. I didn't meet any who had it both ways.

As far as tolerance, yes, of all people Taylor should understand tolerance as more than a fair share has been given her here at YT. We're asking that she also give that to others in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDogBoots View Post
I think there's a difference between "getting it" and "owning your actions". If Taylor can start a thought by saying I'm probably going to get banned for replying but I do feel it's important to defend myself then she's also capable of thinking I'm probably going to upset the OP by replying but I feel it's important to state my opinion. Perhaps someone who has an undiagnosed, but self assumed possible mental illness should slow themselves down a little in the thought/action process.

If a thread was created that was inviting people to read an article about how delicious dogs taste (an outrageous example) I would probably think to myself "that OP is crazy" and not involved myself and click the next thread. Why is the involvement so necessary to those who don't agree with the original post or the article the person posted?
Like you, I also don't understand what you notice in the first paragraph here. You either get subtleties or you don't, but you can't really have it both ways.

I should also note, as far as illnesses that people have here at YT -- it is *not* YT's responsibility or goal to keep track of and make exceptions as a result of a known or unknown, diagnosed or undiagnosed illness. People need to behave decently here no matter what, period. We won't make exceptions for that.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!