View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 02:50 AM   #10
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Does Pedigree matter? If you want a purebred yorkie with health guarantees and stable temperament (i.e. standard for the breed), coat, personality, etc. then "yes". It matters greatly. What also matters is to NOT just go by the KC confirmation i.e. KC registered. Lots of Yorkies who look nothing like Yorkies are 'KC registered'.

I believe you are referring to the Ozmillion line which is where Teddy hails from. However, after three generations, this line is virtually non-existent. Teddy, himself, is the third generation from Ozmillion Mystification which is to whom you are referring to when you refer to the 1997 Champion. Follwing that, his line has Ozmillion champs on both sides but Mystifications genes are increasingly diluted the further down the line you go. If your pup is not third generation, or before, then the line is just being touted as a reputable line but it holds little bearing in terms of anything else as far as your puppy is concerned. I'm sure some breeders will back me up on this.. Therefore, what is important is that your breeder is KC registered but ALSO verifiable in other ways. For example, Teddy's breeder is a Crufts judge, international judge and shows her own dogs at Crufts. In addition, she was co-president of the Yorkshire Terrier Club of England and writes for a dog newspaper. She has a reputation to uphold which means, even without KC backing, she would not endorse deviation from the breed standard.

So, that is part of what I researched for over two years before settling on a Yorkie again. I did not check champdogs.co.uk or pets4homes or any of that nonsense which states KC reg pups for pups that look nothing like Yorkies. Teddy came from a reputable breeder who upholds the line and standards and guess what? He was £600 not £800, not £1k or above.

That is my opinion and hope it helps.

Good luck!

Last edited by SirTeddykins; 04-28-2015 at 02:52 AM.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!