Thread: Selling pets!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #6
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubletb
That was very nice and I think you are right most of the time, Ithe only think that concerns me is if the animal gets sick will, he or she be able to pay for the medical bills, if they couldn't afford the price of the pet??
I have to agree with Karen on this one, especially when it comes to Yorkies. For many people that have a limited income it would be very difficult to come up with $800-$1000 for emergency surgery and many vets today want the $$$ up front before they will do anything, which is very sad. Many Yorkies have LP and that surgery is easily $2000. While I agree there are many people that would be excellent Yorkie owners being able to purchase food for them each month is not enough. My hat is off to the people who at least purchase the insurance which would cover them in an emergency and they realize this is critical to have along with feeding them. I grew up with large dogs (golden's, lab's & collie) and had them until I was 42 and I certainly was not running to the vets near as much as I have with Yorkies. I do think many people will make the committment, no matter what, to provide excellent care
for their Yorkies but unfortunatly many will not and they are dumped in rescue or at the pound because at the end of the day - they are just dogs and who in their right mind would pay $1000 to take care of "just a dog". I have seen it, heard it and lived it through rescue.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!