View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 02:00 PM   #470
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I so relate to this, completely. Preachy alienates, while teachy includes...at least that's my own experience. I think of the many convos that happen here regarding animal welfare and I've had some utterly amazing discussions about it. But try to discuss it with a preacher? Usually hit a wall. Discuss it w/ a teacher...and it's usually a pretty wonderful back-and-forth where I learn as much about myself, as about the other person and about the subject at hand too.
Preaching is now seen as high-hatted? I thought a sermon or discourse of one's beliefs or instructions or earnest exhortation on animal interests or equanimity in posting is something to be presented for comment and discourse on a forum, not thought of as hitting a wall when responding and its presenter a thunderhead, unable to accept others opinions. I've found many here who tend to sermonize about their favorite subject, have taught me so many things and yet many are totally open to discussion and debate.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!