View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
Kate
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
I got Sadie 10 mos. ago and she is 3-1/2 years old.

In the ten mos. I have had her, I have heard her bark about twenty times. I did not think she was a barker, until I decided to tape record her while I am gone.

Keep in mind she is hardly ever alone, as my parents live across the street, and adore her. We usually try to schedule things around her, so she is not alone. She is such a doll.

My recorder runs for one hour, and I was horrified when I got home and replayed the tape. She pants and barks constantly, and she sounds like she is in deep pain.

I have recorded her actions for the last three times I was gone, which has not been more than an hour.

It is awful. This morning I called my vet and his ass't. said they do not like to sedate animals. She recommended putting her in a crate, up t0 eight hours, with water only.

I have a crate that I put her in the first night I got her, and she was fine. That is her only experience in a crate.

I was keeping her in a medium-sized laundry room, but after listening to the tape the first time, I gave her full run of the house. Nothing changed.

What does everyone think? Is eight hour too long with just water, and no place to potty?

I trust my vet, but need to set my mind at ease. Sorry this is so long.

Many thanks.

Everyone:

I hope this one goes through, but I want to tell you that I appreciate all of the emails, and help.

I have replied to each and every one of you, but for some reason my posts don't show up.

I hope this one goes through. I wonder if there is a problem with this forum.

Thank you!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!